Name of the Company Collecting information
The name of the company collecting information is:
The Ark Pet Centre Plymouth Ltd
Office Address - The Pet Express Office, 77/80 Christian Mill Business Park, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DS
Limited Company Reg. 03406001 - VAT Registration. 6992446186
At The Pet Express, we take the protection of your data, your privacy and security seriously.
How we use your information
Sharing your information
Emails and marketing messages
Retaining your information
Changes to how we protect your privacy
How to contact us
The information you choose to give us will be used in a variety of ways. We’d like you to understand why we ask for particular pieces of information; how it will enable us to deliver a service to you (getting your pet food and supplies to your door); or deliver a better shopping experience on our website. We’ll look at each piece of information we collect in turn, below.
The Pet Express may collect the following information about you:
• In order to get your order to you, we’ll need your name, address and other contact details to deliver your order to your door.
• We’ll send you service messages by text or email, such as order confirmation and dispatch emails. This allows us to complete our contract with you, i.e. get your order to you successfully and to keep you informed of it’s progress.
• We may send you information about our products and promotions by email only, mainly because we think you will be interested in product news and offers, including new arrivals and promotions. You can update your marketing preferences at any time from your account pages.
• If there are any issues with your order, we will use your contact information to inform you ourselves that there might be an issue with your order and what we’re doing to resolve the issue.
• To prevent and detect fraud, we may very occasionally need to investigate orders that could possibly be fraudulent. This may be to better protect you and/or The Pet Express.
• We may also email you service related messages, such as reminders for re-ordering or a prompt to complete your order if you have added items to your cart but not completed payment
• You need to be able to add the things you’d like to your basket. We may use your purchase history to speed up this process.
• In order for us to complete our contract with you, we need to be able to resolve any issues, this means we may need to provide customer service and support or handle any returns.
We use your payment information to take payment and give refunds. We use a secure payment gateway, Sagepay to process your card details, which means they are never held by The Pet Express. After your first order using Sagepay, we’ll only need you to re-enter your CVV details to complete each subsequent order. You can also choose to pay by PayPal.
• In order to complete our contract, it’s essential for you to pay for the items. We also need to be able to give a refund should anything not be suitable for your pet.
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with
Klarna’s own privacy notice.
This might be something you’ve said to our Customer Service team over the telephone or a conversation you’ve had with us over social media messages.
• We love to be able to provide a good customer service. This means we may use your contact history to quickly resolve any issues you may have to ensure you’re always happy with us.
This is information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type, if you choose to share it with us. Where tasks carried out via our website remain uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets we may email you using your contact data to prompt you to purchase.
• If we know, for instance, that most people use our website from a phone, we need to be able to ensure that the experience they receive is perfect from that device. We’re working tirelessly to deliver the best experience no matter where you are when you shop. This allows us to continually improve the navigation on a desktop, laptop or a smart phone or any other similar device.
• To help us improve the shopping experience of our customers we may remind you by email of tasks carried out via our website which remain incomplete, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets.
It’s necessary to use personal details to choose and announce a winner of a competition and we will sometimes, with your permission, use your product review feedback on our marketing messages.
We will never sell your information to a third party. We’re grateful that you choose to share your information with us, and that of your pets. We want you to know that you can trust us with the information you share.
We do however, as part of our day to day servicing of your order, have to share some of the information you give us with third parties, for instance:
• Companies that help us provide our service to you, e.g. payment providers like PayPal or Sagepay and our chosen couriers UKMail.
• Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies or advertising partners, who may work on areas of our business on our behalf, e.g. advertising on Google.
• Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
We may provide third parties with non-personal, aggregated analytics about our customers and how they use our website. We’ll ensure that it is impossible to identify you through any data we share.
Where applicable, we’ll send you marketing messages by email. These marketing emails will let you know about our best offers and any new products that we think will be perfect for you and your pets.
If you’ve placed a recent order with us we may also invite you by email to review that product to help other shoppers make the right decisions for their pets.
Should your marketing preferences change, we make it very simple for you to stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
How to stop marketing messages from The Pet Express
• Through your ‘My account’ on the website
• By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
• By emailing our customer care team – email@example.com
We’d be happy to help you update your marketing preferences to ensure you don’t receive any unwanted emails.
In order for us to honour our contract to you it’s necessary for us to email you about your order, for instance to confirm your purchase and then to let you know it has been dispatched; you may also be contacted by our chosen courier partners to notify you of their progress like an estimated hour delivery slot.
We hope this policy helps you to understand the rights you have in relation to your personal information. In short;
• You have the right to understand how we store and use your personal information, which is what this policy is all about.
• You can ask us at any time to tell you what personal information about you we hold.
• The right to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate. We’ll do whatever we can to make sure that’s the case. You can update your own information at any time through your the ‘My Account’ on the website.
• The right to request that we delete your data.
• The right to stop marketing messages at any time. You can do this most easily through the Marketing Preferences on your Contact Preferences page.
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile.
You must have cookies enabled if you want to shop online at The Pet Express.
If you have chosen to sign up for our optional newsletter you can choose at any time to "opt out" of receiving the newsletter and any further communication by emailling: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persistent marketing and analytics cookies
These cookies contain a unique user ID which will enable Klarna to recognize the user’s device the next time that user returns to a merchant using Klarna’s services. These are persistent cookies, stored on the device for a period of up to 540 days as of the last interaction with Klarna, or until they are deleted and allow Klarna (i) to show personalized marketing of Klarna products, including credit promotions to the user, and (ii) to perform analytics of the user behaviour. By connecting the unique user ID stored in the cookie on the device to the information Klarna has about the user, Klarna will be able to recognize the user of that device. The information Klarna collects through the cookies is not shared with any third party.
The user’s consent and revocation of consent
Klarna Bank AB (publ) is subject to Swedish Data Protection legislation, and is the data controller for the purpose of processing the personal data as described above. Klarna has a data protection officer and a team consisting of personal data experts. Klarna also has a customer service team handling questions relating to personal data. You are welcome to contact Klarna at email@example.com. Please visit www.klarna.com for more information about Klarna, and how Klarna processes personal data.
We sometimes use anonymous information collected during your visit to serve you relevant advertisements on external websites (referred to as “Remarketing” or “Retargeting” using Cookies.
What does this mean?
The result of this is that you may see products or our adverts displayed on external websites. If you would prefer not to see these adverts, you can opt out of Google advertising cookies at any time by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We’d love to hear from you, we’re all ears. Tell us what you think we’re doing well or suggest ways we can do better.
• By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone : 01752 777247
• Send a letter, The Pet Express, Unit 77-80 Christian Mill Business Park, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DS.
Last updated policy on 30/4/2021