We all look forward to sitting down to enjoy a hearty festive meal, but what about our dogs? Why don't they get their own festive treat? If you cannot think of an adequate answer to that question then you're in the right place, as we're going to tell you how you can make your very own delicious dog treats!Bacon Bite Dog Treats - What you'll need:
- 2-3 eggs
- 250ml of milk
- 1.25ml of water
- 170ml of melted bacon fat
- 1.25 litres of whole wheat flour
- Optional: diced bacon bits
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and lightly butter a baking tray (or cover in baking paper)
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat them, stirring in the milk, water and bacon fat until they're well mixed together.
- Slowly start to add in the flour, which will cause the mixture to become more dough-like. If you want to add in the diced bacon bits do so whilst you're mixing in the flour.
- Break pieces of dough off the main body and roll them into balls. A diameter of 2 inches ought to be a good enough ball size for most dogs.
- Place the rolled bacon bites onto your baking tray and leave them in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once they have been baked, take them out of the oven and leave them to cool.
Please note, these bacon-flavoured dog treats ought to be stored in the fridge, preferably in a covered or sealed container.
You may find, if you decide to give these bacon bite dog treats a taste, that they are rather bland to the taste, but believe us when we say that we've yet to meet a dog yet who has not dived into these treats with vim and vigour. If you do decide to give them a go, be sure to let us know what your dog thought of them, and if you made any changes to the recipe that you believe made them even more yummy then definitely let us know!